Your hardworking employees deserve employee appreciation holiday gifts!
One study found that about 1/3 of employees prefer to be appreciated by receiving a gift from their employer over other forms of recognition like words of affirmation.
With employee gift ideas ranging from $10 to $125 and up, a company of any size is sure to find some excellent holiday gift ideas here.
Great Employee Appreciation Holiday Gifts For Employees
Ask your culture committee to develop some ideas, and send this article to them for inspiration!
Inexpensive Employee Holiday Gifts: $10—$49 each
When your budget is tight, but you still want to show some appreciation, consider employee gifts like these.
- Gift cards to a local boutique coffee shop or cafe (hint: national chains don’t have the same personal touch). Plus, 44% of employees prefer gift cards as their favorite employee recognition gift.
- Flower arrangement (poinsettias are the classic Christmas-time choice!).
- A box of chocolate truffles.
- A personalized gift basket with unique snacks and beverages for each employee.
- A pair of movie passes.
- Company swag like shirts, Yetis, and hats.
- Ergonomic desk accessories to reduce desk pain (like footrests, wrist pillows, and laptop stands).
Mid-Range Holiday Gift Prices: $50—$124 each
After a particularly profitable year, these employee gifts are a nice treat!
- Car detailing service.
- A family membership to the local zoo, art museum, science museum, etc.
- An electronic accessories like portable USB power, external hard drive, home wifi extender, and Bluetooth speakers.
- A fresh holiday wreath.
- A holiday turkey or ham for each employee.
- Corporate chair massage service at your holiday party.
High-End Employee Appreciation Gifts: $125+ each
Are you feeling extra generous? These gift ideas add a little more glitz to your holiday gift exchange.
- An iPad, Kindle Fire, or other tablet.
- A Fitbit.
- A wine gift basket.
- A bonus paid-time-off voucher to use in the next year.
- Round-trip tickets for 2 to any domestic location.
The Best Gift of All: Mental Health Benefits
This one is even better than employee appreciation holiday gifts. Mental health programs are a great way to show employees you care about their entire wellbeing, and that you appreciate them as a person as well as an employee.
If you aren’t addressing mental health at work yet, don’t fret! Here are some articles to help you get started:
- Your Guide to the EAP Implementation and Search Process
- How to Measure the ROI of Your Mental Health Program
- The Step-by-Step Guide to Increase EAP Utilization
Learn About the Power of Self-Care
Download the Mental Health Tool Kit to learn about mental health in the workplace – what it is, why it matters, and how you can start supporting employee mental health!