The key to a successful company health fair is making it a fun and memorable experience. The best way to do that is by having the right vendors and the right activities. But when it comes to 2020 health fairs have taken on a different look, say hello to virtual health fairs. That’s right with the ever expanding stay at home orders, and social distancing the only right way to go about a company health fair is virtually. Here are some creative health fair ideas to kick your next virtual health fair up a few notches.
Company Virtual Health Fair Ideas: Vendors, Activities, & Giveaways
Unique Virtual Health Fair Ideas and Activities
To really make your virtual health fair something employees get excited about, you’ll want to offer something a little different from the standard fare. Especially considering gatherings over 10 people is currently considered high risk.
It’s also important for your company to offer some activities as well, rather than just relying on the vendors to provide all the fun.
Here are some ideas to get you started:
Nutrition & cooking demos
Giving employees tools and ideas to bring healthier food to work means fewer 2 pm, afternoon burnouts. A virtual demonstration by a nutritionist on easy ways to make healthy snacks and lunches can keep your employees on track.
Smoking cessation program info
Local health organizations offer these programs on an on-going basis for people at all stages of the quitting process. Give any smokers on your team an opportunity to sign up for a virtual meeting.
Bicycle repair and safe-riding tips
Encourage biking to work for your onsite employees and encourage taking healthy breaks outside to bike ride for 10 -15 minutes for your employees that must work from home. Offer some beginner instruction on commuter biking, including safety, tips on biking gear, and how to fix a flat.
Emergency preparedness vendors
Whatever your location is at risk for, whether it’s floods, earthquakes, tornadoes, there are organizations that can help people be prepared. Invite these vendors to share their ideas via video conference on what to include in a first aid kit, how to respond to an emergency, and how to prepare your family.
Stress and Anxiety management
Virtual Guided and On-site chair massage
Nothing beats a free massage service to get employees excited about a health fair. With the majority of most workforces working from home, why not give you employees access to virtual guided self massage instruction 5-10 minute massages work out knots, improve posture, and provide a little stress relief.
10 Classic Health Fair Vendors
Great vendors will have tons of health fair experience, so they’ll know how to captivate your workforce virtually. Experienced vendors will also know how to provide valuable information to your attendees in fun and memorable ways.
Create a online form where employees can add their information kind of like a sign-up sheets for their mailing list, to send out brochures, giveaways, short activities, and branded items like pens, magnets and stickers.
Here are 10 classic examples of health fair vendors who know their stuff:
1. American Heart Association
- Website: www.heart.org
- What they’ll provide: Offer virtual CPR training, information on heart disease and warning signs of heart attack, stroke, or cardiac arrest
2. American Cancer Society
- Website: www.cancer.org
- What they’ll provide: Cancer treatment information, support, and research
3. American Diabetes Association
- Website: www.diabetes.org
- What they’ll provide: Information on risk factors for diabetes, ideas for prevention, dietary guidance, research and advocacy
4. March of Dimes
- Website: www.marchofdimes.org
- What they’ll provide: Research, support and prevention of premature birth
5. Mothers Against Drunk Driving (MADD)
- Website: www.madd.org
- What they’ll provide: Resources on the prevention of drunk driving, support for those affected, prevention of underage drinking
6. Habitat for Humanity
- Website: www.habitat.org
- What they’ll provide: Volunteer opportunities for housing and home building support
7. American Red Cross
- Website: www.redcross.org
- What they’ll provide: Blood donation, CPR and First Aid certification
8. American Lung Association
- Website: www.lung.org
- What they’ll provide: Lung disease prevention, support and research, smoking cessation resources
9. Your county health department
- What they’ll provide: Local wellness initiatives and support groups
10. Local gyms and personal trainers
- What they’ll provide: Mini fitness trainings, discounted membership deals, fitness assessments
Ideas for Health Fair Giveaways
If possible, offer a big raffle prize for the company health fair. Talk it up weeks in advance to build anticipation, then draw the raffle winner towards the end of the event.
Let your employees digitally sign when they’ve visited every booth — the signature can be an additional raffle ticket.
Here are some ideas for a big giveaway:
- Mountain bike or road bike
- iPad mini with iTunes gift card for wellness apps
- Personal training sessions or nutritionist consultation
- $200 gift card for fitness apparel and equipment
- High-end blender/juicer (i.e., Nutribullet)
- Monthly membership for healthy food delivery service (i.e., Blue Apron)
- One year’s worth of massage therapy sessions
All that said, the best thing you can offer your employees is a healthy happy future with an EAP with virtual services offering 24/7 access to individual and group physical and mental health counseling, guided meditation, yoga and massage, and nutrition therapy and so much more.
Interested? Call us at +1 (800) 556-2950