When choosing a mental health program for your team, HR leaders often focus solely on what support employees will be getting, but not what support their department will be getting!
HR leaders need support, too. That’s where Client Success Managers come in.
What is a Client Success Manager?
Client/Customer Success Managers (CSMs) are relationship builders. They work closely with clients to help them succeed with their new product or service.
CSMs need strong marketing and sales skills so they can help clients gain as much value as possible.
CSMs serve as the main point of contact between the client and the service provider.
In the world of mental health programs, CSMs increase mental health program utilization among employees. They also help HR departments and company leaders learn about mental health in the workplace and how to best support employees.
How Mental Health Program CSMs Should Support HR
CSMs are there to help your company prioritize mental health and support employees in the best way possible.
Here are 3 things the best mental health program CSMs do.
1. Help increase mental health program utilization
CSMs should do the heavy lifting to improve mental health program utilization.
They should teach HR leaders how to increase mental health program utilization internally and provide resources to help them do so.
Some common ways mental health program CSMs boost utilization are:
- Teaching employees how to access and use the mental health program.
- Sending emails, push notifications, social media direct messages, and more to encourage employees to log in and use the platform.
- Sharing helpful mental health resources with employees to educate them on the importance of mental health and practicing self-care.
Some clients may opt-out of email communications. This will make it harder for CSMs to communicate with employees and provide them helpful resources and reminders to use the mental health platform.
CSMs can also change their utilization goals to align with your company goals. For example, if your HR team is looking to decrease stress and burnout, you may want to focus on increasing utilization for therapy and meditation content.
2. Provide HR insights into how to support employees
CSMs can help HR leaders interpret utilization data. But no worries – this data should always be HIPPA-compliant.
For instance, if employees are accessing therapy content more than any other type of wellbeing resource, it may be time to provide employees a mental health day so they can recharge and focus on self-care.
If employees view a lot of therapy content or set a lot of therapy sessions, it would be worth increasing the number of therapy sessions employees are provided each year.
3. Be a driver for positive change
CSMs help boost success for the client and the mental health program.
Based on insights during conversations with clients, CSMs can provide suggestions to the mental health program’s marketing, sales, product team, tech team, and more to improve the customer experience.
CSMs can help every department connect to customers and their employees.
And, of course, CSMs support HR teams and company leaders as they prioritize mental health.
Provide HR teams with the tools they need to support team mental health.
How We Roll At Nivati
At Nivati, your CSM is one of your greatest mental health resources.
Here is what you can expect from your Nivati CSM.
- Aim to achieve at least 25% average Nivati utilization for all clients
- Monitor utilization and therapy sessions scheduled daily/weekly.
- Live kickoff with all staff to walk them through the platform, show them how to log in, and lead a 5 min guided meditation.
- Send emails to everyone who has not logged in yet for the first 8 weeks after the kickoff.
- Send new content emails weekly to highlight the new premium videos of the week.
- Send email tips to highlight the benefits of self-care and wellness.
- Connect on Linkedin with participants who are not engaging and/or we can’t email.
- Social media targeting to participants highlighting the benefits of taking care of yourself.
- Quarterly calls with POC to go over wellness metrics and utilization data.
- Work with HR leaders to increase utilization and engagement with their staff.
For more tips on finding a great mental health program for your team, check out Your Guide to the EAP Implementation and Search Process.
Learn About the Power of Self-Care
Download the Mental Health Tool Kit to learn about mental health in the workplace – what it is, why it matters, and how you can start supporting employee mental health!