As a business owner, it’s important to keep your employee workplace benefits at the forefront of your priorities. Satisfied employees stick around longer and produce better work.
Aside from basics like time off for jury duty, employees will expect other benefits, such as a 401(k) program, paid days off, employee assistance programs and other perks.
Ultimate List of Work Benefits
Not all work benefits are created equal. Some will serve to set you apart as a key contender for recruiting top talent. Others are simply mandatory workplace benefits. And still more benefits aren’t legally required, but are so basic that every employee will expect them these days.
Entrepreneur.com covered some basic workplace benefits that all companies should include — the good, the bad, and the expensive. Owners of businesses large and small need to provide benefits that allow them to attract top talent, keep employee morale up, and contribute to the overall company culture.
Basic Benefits you must Provide:
- Give employees time off to vote, serve on a jury and perform military service.
- Comply with all workers’ compensation requirements.
- Withhold FICA taxes from employees’ paychecks and pay your own portion of FICA taxes, providing employees with retirement and disability benefits.
- Pay state and federal unemployment taxes, thus providing benefits for unemployed workers.
- Contribute to state short-term disability programs in states where such programs exist.
- Comply with the Federal Family and Medical Leave (FMLA).
You are not required to provide:
- Retirement plans
- Health plans (except in Hawaii)
- Dental or vision plans
- Life insurance plans
- Paid vacations, holidays or sick leave
What you should provide services for:
- mental, physical, financial & legal counseling
- substance abuse counseling
- occupational stress counseling
- emotional distress counseling
- grief counseling counseling
- life events (ie. pandemics, births, accidents, deaths) counseling
- health care anxiety counseling
- family/personal relationship problem counseling
- work relationship counseling
- virtual wellness like yoga, guided meditation, and guided virtual or onsite massage for stress relief
Here is the kicker, Nivati offers all of that and more.